Why Work For Brightworks?
Brightworks strives to be a great and fulfilling place to work. We offer great opportunities to learn from your coworkers and grow your skills. We are proud of the work we do and the clients we support.
Located in downtown Ithaca, we are convenient to everything and committed to being part of the downtown community. We offer competitive benefits – including health insurance, gym reimbursement, flexible PTO, downtown parking, and free coffee from a local roaster. Every Monday, we sit down together as a company to share a catered lunch or a staff potluck. And we won’t forget your birthday!
Brightworks Computer Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we are able to provide accommodations as needed. Brightworks encourages candidates under-represented in technical fields to apply for consideration.
To apply for any position, please submit your resume with a cover letter expressing the reasons you think you are a good fit to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Currently Recruiting For:
Brightworks Computer Consulting is hiring a full-time Support Coordinator. The ideal candidate is highly focused, personable, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to exercise independent judgment, and has outstanding listening and critical thinking abilities. The position is Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm with a one-hour lunch break each day.
The Support Coordinator focuses on customer service and coordination for clients and colleagues – the primary link between clients and technical support resources.
The Support Coordinator:
- Directs all incoming calls from clients and vendors to the most relevant colleague.
- Asks relevant, insightful questions of clients to determine nature of their issue and enters thorough notes, such that technical resources are set up for success.
- Advances tasks toward resolution by reviewing open cases in our ticketing system.
- Coordinates the schedules of technical resources with consideration to client service level agreements, travel time, and complexity of the task.
- Collaborates with technical resources to determine best way to resolve issues.
- Manages client expectations with regards to estimated costs, time, and implications of work (such as downtime).
- Creates quotes for recommended hardware, software, and services.
- Works with the Project Coordinator to facilitate inter-team tasks.
- Minimum of 1 year in an equivalent role.
- Experience working with a high volume of small tasks.
- Experience with ticketing or time management software.
- Ability to receive information from a variety of sources, process it and retain key concepts and details
- Ability to write and speak clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Ability to remain organized, self-directed, analytical, and focused in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to identify pain-points and improve processes.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Competency with Microsoft Office products.
- Skilled in problem solving, decision-making, planning, and good judgment.
- Proactive collaborator in a team environment.
The Support Coordinator must also be able to:
- Remain in a stationary location at least 80% of the time.
- Move about in an office environment.
- Occasionally move electronic equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
NOTE: This position is based in Ithaca, New York. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Last Updated: November 6, 2018