IT Service Desk Support Technician
Brightworks Computer Consulting is seeking qualified Support Technicians capable of supporting business clients for their computer and network troubleshooting and repair needs. The position is Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm with a one-hour lunch break each day.
The ideal candidate is highly focused, personable, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, enjoys collaborating on a team, and has outstanding listening and critical thinking abilities. Candidates should also be able to effectively diagnose and repair hardware and software problems with desktop and server systems.
- Desktop Operating Systems: Familiarity with Windows 7 through Windows 10
- Server Operating Systems: Basic familiarity with Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2016 including Active Directory and permissions management
- Software: Familiarity with MS Office Suite (particularly Outlook), Adobe Suite, Antivirus such as Bitdefender and Symantec; Familiarity with Intuit Quickbooks is a plus
- Hardware: Hardware replacement & troubleshooting; printer installation & troubleshooting
- Networking: Familiarity with basic network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- “Soft” Skills: Customer service, vendor interaction, research and analysis, documentation
As a Support Technician at Brightworks, your responsibilities would include:
- Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis utilizing our remote support tools
- Staffing the Brightworks Help Desk, which is available for our Managed Service Clients for basic troubleshooting and break-fix issues such as password resets, printer troubleshooting, application installation, email issues, etc.
- Entering detailed notes into our ticketing system and our internal knowledge base
- Virus removal from infected systems, including re-installation of the Windows operating system
- Basic hardware repair, replacement, and upgrades.
- Basic network troubleshooting and router configuration
- Engaging vendors for support & warranty replacement of hardware
- Performance tuning of OS and software installations, and maintenance of desktop computers